When did Christmas ever mean anything? 14 years of a Christian upbringing, your parent’s scoffing at your denims on Christmas Eve and you suddenly declare December 25 as Holy? Sure, people could just tick you off by asking in all their plastic-faced glory why couldn’t everyday be a December 25. But that’s what they say, too, on Valentines and Thanksgiving. Pooh.
Christmas IS special and the holiday is a perfectly good excuse to get on the next trip to your parent’s city and not feel guilty gorging on that home baked ham.
I wish for the best this year and send off a fervent prayer thanking Him…
- …for having a job that writers would kill for
- …for friends that I would kill for
- …for all of my shoeboxes that don’t yield to gravity yet
- …for family that you can always go home to during the holidays
- …for the second home that could almost buy me a Condo unit with the monthly rent I’m paying for
- …for that sweet getaway in Bukidnon when you wanted no other air but nature’s.
- …for the arm that is around me when I wake up in the mornings. sweetest thing in the universe, babycoo.
- …for the mornings that I wake up asthma-free
- …for my grandmas who are still around
- …for renewing my relationship with mom – unconditional love at its best.
- …for ATMs, credit cards and check books
- …for my next door neighbor who’d harass me with her manuscript but wouldn’t think twice about being my In Case of Emergency person
- …for the island of Cebu
- …for Zero fares.
- …for SUNCELL’s unlimited calls.
- …for having a pretty cool Manager who doesn’t give a shit about what you do as long as you get to answer her questions at the end of the month…
- …for the health insurance that supports my dysfunctional lungs
- …for hair clips during those emergency brush offs
My first 2009 shameless self-production. Candid. Honest. Personal. Happy New Year everyone!